Monday, June 29, 2009

Training - Week 4


I did much better this week. Monday was my last day in Yoga. I like the class, but I don’t know it if it worth the money for the class, and I don’t know if I am just too darn self conscience to be able to go to a class with skinny flexible people. I liked my beginning class, full of people like me.

Tuesday I did my three miles early in the morning. I was working on going a little bit faster than I have been – the same thing on Wednesday. On Thursday I did 4 miles, and I averaged 4.7mph (which is good for me walking). I was happy about that. Friday I took a rest day. My legs were feeling pretty sore by this time in the week and the rest did me good. Saturday I did 6 miles, almost a half-half marathon, and I averaged 4.6mph. That is around a 13 minute mile. I was happy about that. I am finding that I go faster the longer I have been going. It kills me for the first couple miles to go over 4 mph at all. But by mile 6 I was at 4.8 and not even pumping hard. Funny how that works.

So that was my week. I am doing better at sticking to my training. Unfortunately I am still gaining weight like crazy. I am trying to eat well, but a bad meal here and there and I gained 3 pounds last week! Oh well. Hopefully by body will get used to my new routine and pounds will start to go off instead of on.

2 comments:

Diane said...

You've probably heard that muscle weighs more than fat. So there can be a mid-time where the muscle is building and the fat hasn't gone. Hopefully, the so-called fat will GO!

Cindy and Larry said...

Way to go Manda, sounds like your doing great. I get winded just going up the stairs!