My Birthday was Monday. I am now 35. I think 35 used to sound old, I guess everything is relative.
We were able to go spend some time at Grandma Haun's (my mom) house to get a break one day. It was nice to have someone to talk to. She watched Emmy for me while I walked over to the Wal-Mart and deposited some checks at the Credit Union. It was surprisingly warm outside, and I wasn't even wearing a jacket. Strange for the beginning of January.
Friday was Emmy's 2 month appointment at the doctor. I was stressed out for the little girl since she was going to be getting her first round of shots. She was a champion though. First they weighed and measured her. She is 12 pounds 10 oz and 24 inches long. That puts her in the 98th percentile for height. I guess it was inevitable that she was going to be tall. But she is so dang cute. All the nurses were loving her. She did have to get three shots in her legs, and it made her really sad. But she recovered quickly. I brought her tiger friend and her binki, and she fell asleep on the car ride home.
Saturday Matt wanted to take me on a date to celebrate my birthday. His mom came up to babysit and we went to the MovieGrille and saw Interstellar. Now I know what everyone was talking about! The movie came out the weekend Emmy was born, so we hadn't had a chance to see it. It was really nice to go relax and watch a movie, in a nice recliner and some great fries!
Here is this week in pictures (mostly pictures of Emmy)
Emmy and her Tiger Friend
Pippy likes Emmy's chair
Emmy likes ladybugs just like her Great Grandma
She has started eating her hand
She loves the swing
2 month old with her bears
Pretty girl
Not always happy to get her picture taken
Loves to watch her Monkey mobile
A little bit milk drunk
Grandma playing on the floor with Emmy
Sleeping in her swing - it was a busy week













1 comment:
I know every day seems a little like the one before. But when these little baby days are gone, you'll wonder exactly what it was you did every day. You are a blue ribbon Mom!
Post a Comment