Monday, July 7, 2008

Red Hot

Happy 4th of July!

We had a good h0liday weekend celebrating with friends and family, going to parades, fireworks, and barbecues. It was great.

Unfortunately, a bad thing happened on the 5th of July. Our swamp cooler stopped working. It wouldn't have been too bad, but it was over 95 outside on Saturday and about 97 in our apartment. We live on the top floor, so we get all the heat. I am not one who would usually complain about being hot - in fact I usually complain about being too cold. However, I hit my limit of hot and stuffy this weekend. Lucky for us we have family close by so we could take advantage of their AC on Sunday afternoon instead of cooking. Hopefully the owner of our duplex will get someone out there to fix it today - otherwise it is going to be a long hot summer.

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

Total bummer. Hope it is fixed!

Val said...

No bueno, chica. Just remember that feeling when you're freezing in December.